youth filmmaker showcase 2015
* Please note that the Youth Film Submission deadline has been extended for local Rhode Island youth filmmakers (age 6 – 17 years) to December 15!
PCFF is committed to nurturing the work of young filmmakers and so is proud to present a program of films all made by youth—from here in Rhode Island and around the world—and to provide an opportunity for young filmmakers to talk about both the fun and the challenges they face following the YFS screening.
YOUTH FILMMAKER SHOW (YFS) GUIDELINES (The YFS is its own special category.)
- Youth filmmaker, aged 6 to 17 years-old*
- Film length: Maximum 10 minutes
- Entry Fee: $10 per submission
- YFS Deadline: November 22, 2014 !Extended for local Rhode Island youth to December 15!
*Films that have been produced by youth aged 6 to 17 are considered to be “youth-produced.” An adult supervisor is allowed; however, the entire film must be conceived and produced by the youth/s submitting with minimal adult input.
No more than three films may be submitted for $10 by a single child, team of children or producing organization. Please know that films selected for this category are not considered for festival awards. All accepted youth filmmakers are invited to attend the Youth Filmmaker Show (YFS) screening free of charge. Festival passes will be provided to accepted 2015 Youth Filmmakers to attend other film screenings at the 2015 Providence Children’s Film Festival, seating permitting. All accepted short films are to be shown on a digital file. Any film that is not supplied at HD resolution may be displayed as a small window within a larger frame.
NOTE: If you do not fit the above criteria (film is appropriate for children but not necessarily made by a youth aged 8-17), please click here for GENERAL FILM SUBMISSIONS.
All submissions should be sent to the address below and must include the following:
- Completed and signed Rules and Regulations Form and Production Information Form
(Click here to download PDF form.)
- 3 DVD copies of film, or provide a secure online link and password
- Full fee in US dollars; checks payable to Providence Children’s Film Festival. You may also pay using our PayPal link on our webpage.
- PCFF Mailing Address
Providence Children’s Film Festival
PO Box 6724, Corliss Street
Providence, RI 02940