Film programs for schools, libraries and community groups. (Download Get Reel! PDF for more details)
Explore the world of international cinema with your students!
We believe in the power of film to expand minds and open hearts to the world around us. Our film programs champion the ideas of global awareness and community, social inclusion, identity, diversity and equity, teamwork, empathy, environmental care, human rights, civic engagement, kindness and love. Join us on our travels, cultivating a new generation of creative storytellers, thinkers and artists.
• CHOOSE YOUR FILM ADVENTURE
– TAKE A FIELD TRIP TO THE FESTIVAL
- Bring your students to a special film screening at a theater.
– BRING A MINI-FESTIVAL TO YOU
- SCHOOL DAY FILM PROGRAMS (suitable for classrooms or assembly spaces)
- Open to members of your school community
- PUBLIC FILM PROGRAMS
- Open to parents and/or general public
ALL PROGRAMS INCLUDE (Download PDF for more details)
- 60-120 minute screening of thematically-designed short film collection
- Interactive film discussion with PCFF staff/educator (optional for public program)
- Ballots for audience voting
- Customized Film Guide for before or after viewing
- What’s in a Film Guide?
- Background information about each film
- Discussion topics that foster deeper connections with the films
- Writing prompts that invite students to think critically, expressively and creatively
- Hands-on activities that inspire kids to express their own ideas and opinions
- A glossary of relevant filmmaking, artistic and content-driven terms
• CHOOSE YOUR THEME
– PCFF SHORT FILM COLLECTIONS
Our thematic compilations of short films from around the globe offer new ways to see the world. Each curated collection is filled with compelling and innovative stories designed for various age groups that inspire creative and critical thinking.(Click here for description of short film collections.)
- LET’S GET ANIMATED! (All Grades)
- THE WORLD AROUND US (All Grades)
- BE STRONG. BE KIND. (Grades K-5 or Grades 6-12)
- MORE THAN A SELFIE (Grades 6-12)
– LANGUAGE & CULTURE FEATURE FILMS In addition to the short film programs, foreign language feature films are available upon request. We can help you find just the right film for your students to enhance learning inside and outside the classroom.
– ADVISORY SERVICES: Need something a little different? Together, we can create an exceptional screening that meets your needs.