* Now accepting 2018 youth-produced Film Submissions!
(To submit films to the main Festival, click here for General application guidelines.)
YOUTH FILMMAKER SHOWCASE (YFS) 2018
As part of our annual Festival, PCFF is committed to nurturing the work of young “amateur” filmmakers. The 2017 Youth Filmmakers Showcase, curated in partnership with the RISD Museum teen program, the RISD Art Circle. This collection of youth-produced films presents inspiring films from near and far about the fun and challenges in the lives of young people today. Both shows includes Q&A with the RISD Art Circle teen jury and some youth filmmakers.
Click to download 2018 YFS Application.
Selections from past Youth Filmmaker Showcases:
Click here to view full selection of past YFS short film collections.
2018 YOUTH FILMMAKER SHOWCASE (YFS) GUIDELINES (Please read carefully.):
- Films created / produced by youths, age 6 to 17, are considered to be “youth-produced”. An adult supervisor is allowed; however, the entire film MUST be conceived and created by the youth(s) submitting with minimal adult input.
- Youth-made films within a school setting and/or with a community organization are eligible. Please specify submitting school or organization on application form.
- Proof of student status is required. Youth applicants(s) must include a photocopy of valid, current student identification card OR provide a letter from the school’s administrator confirming current student status.
- Maximum film length is 15 minutes. PCFF accepts films of all genres.
- Films submitted to the Youth Filmmakers Showcase are not eligible for Festival Awards. The YFS presentation is designed to be a non-competitive category of the Festival.
- Full payment fee must be submitted with film entry (payment information below).
- All “accepted” youth filmmakers will receive a 2018 ALL-ACCESS* Filmmaker Pass that allows them entrance into ALL films being screened during the 2018 film festival. (*Space permitting. Opening and Closing Night events excluded.)
- All accepted short films are to be shown on a digital file. Any film that is not supplied in HD may be kept in the film’s original resolution. (Our preferred format is Quicktime: h.264 codec, 1920×1080 frame size at 30fps.)
- PCFF will email all entrants no later than January 10, 2018 on whether films have been selected for the festival or not.
DEADLINES AND FEES:
- “Early Bird” Submission Deadline: September 15, 2017 YFS Fee: $20.00
- Regular Submission Deadline: November 15, 2017 YFS Fee: $25.00
- Late Submission Deadline: November 28, 2017 YFS Fee: $30.00
Please pay your submission fee by:
- Send Check/Money order made out to “Providence Children’s Film Festival”.
Mail to: Providence Children’s Film Festival, 24 Corliss Street, P.O. Box #6724 Providence, RI 02940
- Pay by PayPal. Visit our online 2018 Submissions Page and use the PayPal button. Indicate film title in Memo Line when paying.