10th Annual Providence Children’s Film Festival
Celebrating A Decade of Wonder: February 15-28, 2019
FILMS. REEL CONNECTIONS. WORKSHOPS. FIELD TRIPS. Extraordinary independent and international films that cultivate empathy, foster a global perspective, spark new ideas and inspire audiences to think critically about their world.
FESTIVAL DETAILS & FAQs | 2019 FESTIVAL SUPPORTERS | BUY TICKETS
10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL HIGHLIGHTS
Over 140 thoughtfully curated films from 35+ countries, including:
- 30th Anniversary show of Miyazaki’s Kiki’s Delivery Service (Japan)
- Heartwarming/breaking Rhode Island documentary Tre Maison Dasan (USA)
- East Coast premieres Film School Africa (South Africa), Supa Modo (Kenya), Los Bando (Norway), Kīpuka: Anti-Bully Project (Hawaii)
- Grammy Award winning singer/songwriter Bill Harley will attend screenings of his short film “Take A Walk Around The Block”
- A Decade Of Wonder short film reel featuring audience favorites from the past 10 Festivals
- Meet 2018 Academy Award Short Film Nominees Ru Kawahata and Max Porter (“Electric Car”, “Davy Crockett”, “Negative Space”)
- Documentary short about nationally-renowned local balloon sculptress Janice Lee Kelly
OPENING NIGHT PARTY & FILM | SUPA MODO (Kenya, 2018)
February 15 from 5:30-9:00pm @ RISD Museum
- Delicious foods from Amos House Catering and beverages from Campus Fine Wines.
Wonder Wander! Be an explorer and star in your own mini travel adventure filmwith friends and family using the magic of stop-motion animation. With Rhode Island based filmmaker/artist Rachel Blumberg. In partnership with Downtown Providence Parks Conservancy.
Short & Sweet Shorts and feature film Supa Modo
- The Festival takes place at multiple venues within walking distance of downtown Providence and satellite venues across Rhode Island
- Juried films by talented local, regional and international youth at the Youth Filmmaker Showcases (Feb. 22 & 24)
- Filmmakers, performances, and discussion accompany selected films in our Reel Connections series
- Kids document their cinematic journeys to new cultures and places with PCFF Cinema Passports
- Give Me 5 Film Lab and animation filmmaking workshops
- FREE programming at library venues
- FREE admission to the RISD Museum, Newport Art Museum, and RI Museum of Science and Art (RIMOSA)
GET REEL! FIELD TRIPS: Thematic compilations of short films offer new ways to see the world. Each curated collection is filled with compelling and innovative stories for grades K-12 that inspire creative and critical thinking. Take a field trip February 26-28 or book a mini-Festival at your school! Details.