PCFF brings the community together to watch, learn about, and discuss film. We care about the craft of filmmaking, the stories, the people, the connections, and inspiring a new generation of thinkers and doers.
At the 2014 Providence Children’s Film Festival:
- We watched 18 features + 62 shorts (live action, animation, documentaries)
- We traveled to over 18 countries
- We learned about stop-motion animation, green screen, light painting
- We listened to 2 local choruses
- We talked with filmmakers, actors, hearing impaired students, a legally blind sailor
- We discussed gender stereotypes in old films, the Holocaust, Gold Star children, wolf preservation, how local youth make their own movies
- We made flip books and toured the RISD Museum of Art
- We ate fabulous food and snow shoed our way to the projection booth
- We rated the films and shared our favorites
- People traveled from as far as Tacoma Washington to attend the festival!
- And so much more!
If you missed the fun or want a recap, peruse our photo gallery.
See more photos on the PCFF flickr page.
Thank you Morayo Sayles (Piper Brown Photography) for capturing the magic!
And thank you – attendees, sponsors, funders, mentors – for making it all possible!