Manager of Community and Reel Connections
Now seeking: A highly motivated individual who seeks part-time employment that is flexible, creative and life affirming! This is a part-time position, November 2021 to end of May 2022, with possibility of renewal for 2022-23 and beyond. Compensation: $7,500 (plus free popcorn!)
PCFF presents the best of independent and international children’s cinema to inspire, delight, educate, and connect a diverse community of children and families from Rhode Island and throughout New England. PCFF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2009.
As part of our small team, this newly created position has two primary responsibilities: to strengthen and expand PCFF’s partnerships within the community by connecting our world-class film programming to the wonderfully diverse schools, libraries, cultural organizations and communities in and around Rhode Island, and to manage PCFF’s Reel Connections program (in which discussions and activities are presented in conjunction with our films).
Managing the Reel Connections programming requires watching all the films selected for the festival. Once familiar with the content, the coordinator works with the PCFF team to develop programming that connects subjects/themes/ideas/passions to an organization or a person who can help to deepen understanding and provide insights into ideas expressed in individual films.
While we are currently hiring for a one-season appointment, this position will likely grow in scope and pay in subsequent festival years.
Responsibilities, Essential Duties, and Schedule
- Cultivate new and nurture existing relationships with partner organizations (e.g. schools, libraries, community organizations).
- Collaborate directly with teachers, administrators, cultural organizations and our passionate film viewer base to help get PCFF programming into new communities.
- Watch all upcoming selected films and develop related fun/engaging/educational activities.
- Lead the PCFF team in planning, scheduling and implementation of the Reel Connection programming.
- Work with the PCFF team to prepare and execute the February film festival and workshops. This is the fun, all-hands-on-deck part when we get to share what we’ve created with kids and families.
- November through February, flexible weekday schedule, with occasional evenings, averaging 15-20 hours/week. During the run of the Festival, from February 18-27, 2022, morning-into-evening program coverage for both weekends and weekdays. March through May, flexible weekday schedule averaging 5-8 hours/week.
- The ideal candidate takes initiative, works independently and is: friendly, out-going, collaborative, and enthusiastic; they enjoy working with people of all ages, and appreciate the diverse backgrounds of our audiences and multiple perspectives of the films we show.
- Experience in program development and implementation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with basic computer software (Word, Excel, Google Sheets).
- Bilingual or multilingual is a plus.
- Having existing relationships and connections to community organizations and schools is a plus.
- Ability to work remotely as well as in our office.
Candidates should send a cover letter, current résumé, and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Providence Children’s Film Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.