2017 Festival Youth Filmmaking Workshop Videos now on VIMEO!March 15, 2017
We love making movies as much as we love watching and discussing them!
Over 185 youth participated in our 2017 filmmaking workshops:
- At RISD, kids learned the magic behind green screen and special effect tricks, how to animate their creature creations crafted with clay and found objects plus the art of pixelation and light painting. Designed for ages 6 to 14, we offered 8 Filmmaking Workshops taught by a super-talented team of local filmmakers, students and members of RISD’s Film/Animation/Video Department.
- At Providence Community Library (Washington Park and Wanskuck branches), kids participated in two FREE drop-in animation workshops creating their own adventure stories!
- Animate the Library! @ Washington Park: We love libraries! 46 kids and caregivers worked together with artist educators, Marina Balko and Chris Anderson, to learn the craft of animation to create their animated adventure stories!
- Stop-motion Animation Adventures @ Wanskuck Library: We had a crowd of approximately 85, with folks driving in from as far as Connecticut to attend! Led by Liz Deslauriers and Pam Steager, children and adults watched a screening of animated shorts to “get inspired” followed by the hands-on session which involved creating a clay figure for their own animated story. A big thanks to Team Hasbro for supplying equipment, design expertise and an army of volunteers!
- At Warwick Public Library, we offered two FREE drop-in workshops following our screenings of PCFF Festival shorts. A big thanks to our volunteers from Girl Scouts of Rhode Island!
Visit the PCFF Vimeo channel to see the videos!