2016 festival details
Welcome to the 7th annual Providence Children’s Film Festival. General information about tickets, venues, special events, and educational activities can be found below.
Tickets may be obtained at the door or online. There is a single $3.50 processing fee for online purchases (except for free screenings). Avoid sold out shows by purchasing tickets online, in advance! Note: Online ticket sales end 2 hours before each performance and are then available at the venue where film is screening.
- $7.50 Youth (under 18) and Seniors (65 and older)
- $10 Adults
OPENING NIGHT (February 12, 2016) includes party and film screening:
- $15 Adult/$10 Youth (under 18) no discounts apply
Enjoy a Film Fanatic discount when you purchase multiple tickets in a single transaction (online purchases only).
- 15% off for 10+ tickets
- 20% off for 20+ tickets
We are pleased to offer FREE screenings of select films during the Festival (noted on the schedule). Due to the popularity of these shows, ticket reservations are required but do not guarantee a seat. We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the show to check in. After that time, unclaimed seats will be released to other patrons.
TICKET HOLDER PERKS
Present a Festival ticket or stub during the Festival on the following dates, February 12-14 and 20-21, to receive:
- Free admission to RISD Museum
- Generous discounts from many Thayer Street merchants:
- 2nd Time Around (294 Thayer St) 15% off an item of their choice. *Some Exclusions may apply.
- Spectrum India (252 Thayer) 20% off all full priced merchandise
- Pie in the Sky (225 Thayer St) 20% off all full price merchandise with purchase over $25
- Sneaker Junkies (290 Thayer St) 15% off total purchase. Not to be combined with other deals
- Flatbread Company (161 Cushing St) 20% off food purchase
- East Side Pockets (287 Thayer) 10% off purchase
- Ben & Jerry’s (224 Thayer St) 10% off purchase
- English Cellar Alehouse (165 Angell St) 1/2 price appetizer
- Kartabar (286 Thayer St) 10% off food purchase
- Paragon (234 Thayer St) 10% off food purchase
- Subway (114 Waterman St) Free large cookie with a foot-long value meal
- Au Bon Pain (223 Thayer St) Free mini cookies (3) with salad or whole sandwich purchase
- Andreas (268 Thayer St) 10% off food purchase
- La Creperie (82 Fones Alley) 15% off purchase
- Kabob & Curry (261 Thayer St) 10% off food purchase
- Avon Cinema
260 Thayer Street, Providence
- Gilder Center for the Arts
Wheeler School – 228 Angell Street, Providence
- RISD Museum / Metcalf Auditorium
Chace Center – 20 North Main Street, Providence
- AS220 / Main Stage – 115 Empire St, Providence
- Providence Children’s Museum – 100 South St, Providence
- Providence Athenaeum Library – 251 Benefit St, Providence
- Providence Community Library branches:
- Knight Memorial Library – 275 Elmwood Ave, Providence
- Washington Park Library – 1316 Broad St, Providence
- Wanskuck Library – 233 Veazie St, Providence
THE FINE PRINT
- All seating is general admission.
- All venues are wheelchair accessible.
- Come snow, rain, or sun, we look forward to seeing you at the movies, and alas, cannot provide refunds or exchanges if the weather turns inclement. Should we be forced to cancel, vouchers will be granted for a future Festival show. All sales are final.
- We kindly ask that ticket holders present their tickets at the door no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of the show or risk not being admitted. Refunds cannot be granted for late arrivals.
PCFF IS MORE THAN MOVIES!
FILM TALKS AND PRESENTATIONS
Engage in film topics beyond the screening! Join filmmakers, educators, and other experts for post-film discussions and presentations that deepen the movie-watching experience for audiences of all ages. Spark richer family conversations and better understand challenging and diverse subject matter. Click here for daily schedule.