2014 Festival Wrapup: We’re more than just movies for kids!March 24, 2014
PCFF brings the community together to watch, learn about, and discuss film. We care about the craft of filmmaking, the stories, the people, the connections, and inspiring a new generation of thinkers and doers.
At the 2014 Providence Children’s Film Festival:
- We watched 18 features + 62 shorts (live action, animation, documentaries)
- We traveled to over 18 countries
- We learned about stop-motion animation, green screen, light painting
- We listened to 2 local choruses
- We talked with filmmakers, actors, hearing impaired students, a legally blind sailor
- We discussed gender stereotypes in old films, the Holocaust, Gold Star children, wolf preservation, how local youth make their own movies
- We made flip books and toured the RISD Museum of Art
- We ate fabulous food and snow shoed our way to the projection booth
- We rated the films and shared our favorites
- People traveled from as far as Tacoma Washington to attend the festival!
- And so much more!
If you missed the fun or want a recap, peruse our photo gallery.
See more photos on the PCFF flickr page.
Thank you Morayo Sayles (Piper Brown Photography) for capturing the magic!
And thank you – attendees, sponsors, funders, mentors – for making it all possible!