PCFF is committed to nurturing the work of budding young filmmakers. We launched the first Youth Filmmaker Showcase at the 2014 Festival. Curated under the supervision of the Director of Programming, this now annual, international collection of youth-produced short film presents creative and inspiring tales from the next generation of storytellers. Following the showcase screenings, attending filmmakers participate in a post-film Q&A sharing their project inspiration and the challenges they faced during their production process. Young filmmakers may apply as an individual or as a team. (e.g. Youth organizations, film clubs, etc.).
Filmmaking Workshops: Looking for learning opportunities for aspiring young filmmakers? Join the PCFF mailing list, to learn about workshops planned during the Festival and at other times during the year. To see a list of past workshops, and to check out the PCFF Vimeo channel, click here.
Selections from past Youth Filmmaker Showcases:
Click here to view full list of past YFS film collections.
YOUTH FILMMAKER SHOWCASE (YFS) GUIDELINES:
- Films created and produced by young people ages 6 to 17 are considered “youth-produced”. An adult supervisor is allowed; however, the entire film MUST be conceived and created by the youth(s) submitting with minimal adult input.
- Youth-made films within a school setting or with a community organization are eligible.
- Maximum film length is 15 minutes. PCFF accepts films of all genres.
- Films submitted to the YFS are not eligible for Festival Awards. The YFS is designed to be a non-competitive category of the Festival.
- Ready to show us what you’ve got? The film submission window is open May – November. Click here for details!