faq’s – 2015 festival
Welcome to the 6th annual Providence Children’s Film Festival. General information about tickets, venues, special events, and educational activities can be found below, but please note we are updating the website often with new information as ready.
- Avon Cinema
260 Thayer St., Providence, RI 02906
- Gilder Center for the Arts – Wheeler School
216 Hope St. Providence, RI 02906
- Perry and Marty Granoff Center for the Creative Arts at Brown
154 Angell St., Providence, RI 02906
- RISD Museum Metcalf Auditorium
20 North Main St., Providence, RI 02903
TICKETING INFORMATION (On sale now!)
Tickets may be obtained at the door or online. There is a single $2 processing fee per online order (except for free screenings). Avoid sold out shows by purchasing tickets online, in advance!
Note: Online ticket sales end 2 hours before each performance and are then available at the venue where film is screening.
- $7.50 Youth (under 18) and Seniors (65 and older)
- $9.50 Adults
OPENING NIGHT (February 12, 2015) includes party and film screening:
- $15 Adult/$10 Child (no discounts apply)
- Enjoy a Film Fanatic discount when you purchase multiple tickets in a single transaction (online purchases only).
- 20% off for 10+ tickets
- 25% off for 20+ tickets
We are pleased to offer FREE screenings of select films at the RISD Museum on February 13, 15 and 22. Due to the popularity of these shows, ticket reservations are required but do not guarantee a seat. We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the show to check in. After that time, unclaimed seats will be released to other patrons.
Four Providence public libraries will each screen one past PCFF film followed by a FILM TALK on February 17, 18, 19, and 20.
TICKET HOLDER PERKS
- The RISD Museum provides FREE museum admission to Festival attendees on February 12, 13, 14 and 21, upon presentation of a Festival ticket stub. Museum is now free every Sunday.
- The Flatbread Company offers a free beverage with meal purchase to children during the Festival (February 13-22). Please present your PCFF Youth ticket at Flatbread Company, 161 Cushing St., Providence.
Click here for more information about food.
THE FINE PRINT
- All seating is general admission.
- All venues are wheelchair accessible.
- Come snow, rain, or sun, we look forward to seeing you at the movies, and alas, cannot provide refunds or exchanges if the weather turns inclement. Should we be forced to cancel, vouchers will be granted for future Festival shows. All sales are final.
- We kindly ask that ticket holders present their tickets at the door no later than 15 minutes prior to the start of the show or risk not being admitted. Refunds cannot be granted for late arrivals.
PCFF IS MORE THAN MOVIES!
FILM TALKS AND PRESENTATIONS
Engage in film topics beyond the screening! Join filmmakers, educators, and other experts for post-film discussions and presentations that deepen the movie-watching experience for audiences of all ages. Spark richer family conversations and better understand challenging and diverse subject matter.